Story from the Daily Nation Website
THE Football Association of Zambia owes the Levy Mwanawasa Stadium management over K1 million for use of the facility and this is a reflection of how the executive committee has mismanaged football in Zambia, says soccer administrator Simataa Simataa. Read More
MTN FAZ SUPER LEAGUE WEEK 26
—————Saturday October 4————-
13:00 National Assembly Vs Roan United – Woodlands (Live on SS)
15:00 Green Buffaloes Vs Nkana – Woodlands Stadium (Live on SS)
15:00 Power Dynamos Vs Konkola Blades – Arthur Davies
15:00 Indeni Vs Kabwe Warriors – Indeni Sports Complex
15:00 Konkola Mine Police Vs Nakambala Leopards -Konkola Stadium
15:00 Nchanga Rangers Vs ZANACO – Nchanga Stadium
15:00 ZESCO United Vs NAPSA Stars – Trade Fair Ground
—————-Sunday, October 5————-
15:00 Red Arrows Vs Green Eagles – Nkoloma Stadium (Live on SS)
Story from the Lusaka Times Website
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has fined Nkana US $10,000 (about K60,000) for failing to provide adequate security for Ethiopian match officials during their Confederations Cup Group B match against Tunisian side Etoile du Sahel. Read More
The Football Association of Zambia has engaged an American Football expert to drill the Africa cup bound Senior Women national Soccer team.
Mr Josh Kalkstein arrived in the country over the weekend and is expected to start his ten day program this morning in Lusaka.
Yesterday Kalkstein held a meeting with FAZ Technical Director, Honour Janza, Senior Women soccer team coaches, Charles Bwale and Kangwa Kaluba with team Manager Chibwe Besa at football house. The meeting was held to set and agree on the modus operandi for the program.
Speaking to fazfootball.com after the meeting, Coach Bwale said he was happy that the expert was going to work within the program he has set to prepare the senior women who will be making their maiden appearance at the African Women football jamboree.
Accompanying Kalkstein on this visit is Geoff Levy who was instrumental in planning the Under Seventeen camp in America earlier this year. Levy together with Kalkstein organised a series of friendly matches for the women who had set up camp in America to prepare for their maiden appearance at the FIFA Under Seventeen World cup finals in Costa Rica.
Kalkstein has in the past worked with the American Olympic development program where he has been instrumental in identifying talent. Currently he is Director of Marin Football club in America and an official at the Marin High School Academy.
The Women Chipolopolo National Soccer team is preparing for the Championships in Namibia which will take place in October this year.
Over the weekend draws for the finals were held and saw Zambia being placed in the same group with Ivory Coast, Nigeria and hosts Namibia.
Zambia qualified for the first time to the finals after ejecting their perennial rivals Zimbabwe via a two nil aggregate score line. Enterprising Helen Mubanga scored a goal at home and away to earn Zambia their historical triumph.
-Football Association of Zambia (FAZ)
Saturday July 19
Nchanga Rangers 2-0 Roan United
Napsa Stars 2-0 Konkola Blades
Konkola Mine Police 0-1 Green Buffaloes
Nkana 2-3 Green Eagles
Zanaco 4 -3 National Assembly
Nakambala Leopards 1-0 Red Arrows
Indeni 1-1 Zesco United
Todays Game(s) Sunday July 20
Kabwe Warriors vs Power Dynamos
Source- Football Association of Zambia
More Zambian Sports Websites: https://kwatu.wordpress.com/a-z/sports/
THE Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has threatened to write to FIFA so that the world football governing body can probe Equatorial Guinea on alleged age-cheating claims. Click here for the Full Story
- FAZ to write to FIFA (times.co.zm)
- ‘Equatorial Guinea used overage players’ (daily-mail.co.zm)
- Zambia, Equatorial Guinea clash (daily-mail.co.zm)
- U-20 girls take on Equatorial Guinea (times.co.zm)
- ‘We won’t underrate Equatorial Guinea’ (times.co.zm)
- She-polopolo suffer ‘Guinea Fowls’ setback (daily-mail.co.zm)
- International Friendly: Equatorial Guinea 1 Spain 2 (soccerway.com)
- Football and Dictatorships (africasacountry.com)
Football Association of Zambia has confirmed Caretaker Coach Patrice Beaumelle as Coach for the National Team. Click here for the Full Story
- Patrice unveils CECAFA squad (times.co.zm)
- Beaumelle, Scolari salute Chipolopolo (times.co.zm)
- FAZ ponders full-time job for Beaumelle (postzambia.com)
- No player is indispensable – Beaumelle (times.co.zm)
- Patrice explains Kalaba’s snub (daily-mail.co.zm)
- Beaumelle eyes chipolopolo job (postzambia.com)
- Egypt coach hails Chipolopolo (postzambia.com)
- Kalusha thinks ahead (daily-mail.co.zm)
- Stakeholders welcome Renard’s departure (daily-mail.co.zm)
- Renard packs, goes (daily-mail.co.zm)
- Zambia: FAZ unearths tickets scam (kwatu.wordpress.com)
- Zambia: Kalusha and his wife again named in plunder, this time ticket sales (kwatu.wordpress.com)
- Wounded fan to watch Chipolopolo games for free (times.co.zm)
- Zambia vs Lesotho match (postzambia.com)
- Kalusha wants killer instinct against Ghana (soccerarena.org)
- Renard hails fans (postzambia.com)
- Chipolopolo win triggers jubilation (daily-mail.co.zm)
THE Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has uncovered a syndicate where some unscrupulous people printed counterfeit VIP car parking stickers which were sold during last weekend’s FIFA 2014 World Cup qualifier against Sudan in Ndola. Click here for the Full Story
- Zambia: FAZ Releases official tournament logo for the 2013 COSAFA CUP (kwatu.wordpress.com)
- FIFA fines Zambia (times.co.zm)
- Kalaba injury ‘cheers’ Lesotho (daily-mail.co.zm)
In a desperate bid to save the face of their faltering Black Stars, the Ghanaian media are running a story accusing the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) of working behind the scenes to fix the Lesotho Zambia game to be played on 23rd match. Click here for the Full Story
- 2014 FIFA World Cup: CAS dismisses Sudan appeal as Zambia stay top (ghanabusinessnews.com)
THE Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has implored soccer fans to continue supporting the national team despite its non impressive performances at the ongoing Orange Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa. Click here for the Full Story